Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Ahh I Just Want To Run!

Sorry for the hopefully short vent session, but I have to share this. I went to the gym last night around 6:30 p.m., which I do almost every night. However, last night turned into a 2 1/2 hour cocktail party. I felt like I had walked into a bar for my 10 year high school reunion. Talk about ANNOYING!

After a stressful day, all I wanted to do was get lost in my music and run, run, run. Except that did not happen. In all seriousness 7 people came up to me and talked to me for a minimum of 25 minutes apiece. Want to hear the best part?? I was minding my own business trying to fit some sort of workout in before hearing my name screamed across the gym again. Well, Ms. Obliques it looks like you will have to stay flabby for yet another day. A random trainer came up to me and tried telling ME what to do. I played dumb and let him give me a tutorial on how to use the machine. By this time I had just given up!

It was now almost 8 o'clock and I had accomplished nothing, unless you count hearing about my friends recent engagement, or a business meeting on Tuesday, or the text I never responded to, OR OR OR....it just goes on and on.

I made the decision that I will not be going to the gym during the times of 5:30 and 8 p.m. I almost walked out last night and signed up for a new gym. Once I finally gained my composure I realized that was a bit harsh and decided to change my workout times. From now on, in which today was day one, I will attend the gym around 6:30 every morning.

I cannot even describe how amazing it was to run without any interruptions. If I am completely honest there was one, but I was stopped right in the beginning of my run. Today I already notice the difference in my anxiety levels. I feel great! Running in the morning will not only help to keep me sane, but gives my metabolism that early morning boost to burn calories throughout the day. I guess my annoyance turned into something productive.

All right, I am done venting. Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment